Register
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Modifiying scripts but mantaining EXIF info

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:20 am   

I usually get overblown images that are simply not good for computer use. They waste so much size and really hate to watch overblown images that are not even internet ready.

I got a script that uses ImageMagick to resize images to a more suitable size (800x600 or 640x480). However I see that this images loose a lot of info, speciallly the meta-information called EXIF.

What I want is a tool that will let me batch-resize images and ALSO preserve this EXIF information. I was thinking of using a temporary files and use it as a database, then I went on using an actual db. However I want to consult with you guys on alternatives that I could use. I guess an array might also take care of this.

Thanks for your advice. Regards.

Profile WWW ICQ YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:39 am   

I don't really know if this is what you want, but I think it is (if that makes sense) but www.bbips.org may be good...

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:34 pm   
Site Admin

You might check into GD2, it may support exif data, i'm not postive, as I use ImageMagik. I created bbips www.bbips.org , but that uses imagemagik and not gd to do the conversion.

On way might be to incorporate jhead into a conversion script, and read the data into a variable....convert, then put the data back into the image ... haven't played with that myself, so i can't tell you "exactley" how that would work, but it did come to mind.

Let me know if you find a solution.

Profile WWW