Register
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:45 pm

BoxBlaze - Graphical Xbox 360 ISO burning tool

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:33 pm   

I've created a simple frontend for growisofs that helps the user burn an Xbox 360 ISO to a dual layer DVD. Wicked (http://www1.roob.us:53535/blog/) created the original CLI version, and of course I asked for his permission before creating a GUI for it.

The script doesn't really do a whole lot in its current state. It asks the user for a file to burn, checks if the filesize sounds resonable for an Xbox 360 ISO, and then burns it to a DVD. If for some reason the user decides to try to burn something completely different (a .png, .ogg, a directory, etc.) the script won't stop them - just warn them. However, I'm pretty sure growisofs will spit out some kind of error if you try.

This script has both a GUI and a CLI version. The CLI version usage is: ./BoxBlaze.sh --no-gui /full/path/to/game.iso

The dependencies are Zenity (although it should work using the CLI option even without it) and growisofs.

Note that this is the first time I'm using Zenity, and I'm not exactly an experienced bash scripter, so I won't take offence if you point out some obvious flaw. ;) However, I''ve tired it out live, and it worked just fine.

Anyway, enough talk. The script is available on my blog, here: http://www.blastfromthepast.se/blabberm ... -in-linux/

Profile WWW