Register
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:16 am

Script to check a variable date each month

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:41 am   

Hello all,

I run a Nagios box that monitors all sorts and use scripts that are available on Nagios Exchange as well as some of the built in plugins.

However now i have hit a scenario where i need Nagios to send out an alert and no script is available.

Unfortunately i am no programmer!

So i was wondering if it was asimple enough script to do if anybody could produce a script for my needs?

Here goes:

I need Nagios to produce an alert on a variable day of each month.

I need Nagios to send out an alert generally speaking every 30 days from a said date.

But i need the script the do all the date work, as i need just 1 command in Nagios that i dont have to alter each month in the Nagios config file.

eg:

Alert to go out on June 25, then again on Jul 24, then Aug 25, Sep 26 and so on, so on.

I already use this script for some date checks, but they are set dates for software expiry so i only have to change the dates once in Nagios each year. It doesnt allow me to do variable days of a month. But its the same idea of what i want.
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Pl ... ck/details

I would owe a massive amount of gratitude if this can be written - and would be happy to share it on the Nagios Exchange crediting the author.

Kind Regards