Register
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:44 am

bash script help

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:32 am   

need a script.. that can allow a user to add aditional logins on his gid .. the no of users he can add would be predefined and configured somewhere. and he needs to be able to change the password for HIS ADDED LOGINS ONLY!
webmin is not secure and cpanel and directadmin require a fresh install on the server, so the only option for me is get this script in bash or perl maybe..
anyone up for it? :?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 am   

brutal wrote:
need a script.. that can allow a user to add aditional logins on his gid .. the no of users he can add would be predefined and configured somewhere. and he needs to be able to change the password for HIS ADDED LOGINS ONLY!
webmin is not secure and cpanel and directadmin require a fresh install on the server, so the only option for me is get this script in bash or perl maybe..

you can use sudo for this type.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:42 am   

brutal wrote:

also you can use webmin on onther port , and is secure , and to be sure if secure 100% delete /usr/libexec/webmin/shell and /etc/webmin/shell then you can't be hacked also hacked scaners are on port 10000 :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:35 am   

Hmm... That's going to be an interesting script. You'll probably want to use a database, or at least a text file in a secure location, to track which users have been added by that login... I'm not currently up to it due to limitations on my time at the moment, but it sounds like a fun one!

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:41 am   

jeo wrote:
Hmm... That's going to be an interesting script. You'll probably want to use a database, or at least a text file in a secure location, to track which users have been added by that login... I'm not currently up to it due to limitations on my time at the moment, but it sounds like a fun one!

i made a lot of resellers using webmin i gave them allocation by UID from 100 to 150 :) and i know who are them and who added them :) easy , webmin is easy to use if you understand how works :)