Register
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Video merge script with gui

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:47 pm   

Hello, what I would like is a script to allow me to select files to join and then run them in the order I select them through mencoder to join them. I have hacked together a script using pieces of other scripts I have found but it probably is not very efficient or the best way to do it. The other thing is my script doesn't seem to work if there are spaces in the path to any of the files. Here is my hacked up script. Maybe someone could suggest changes or just write up a new one real quick. I am not sure if I needed the filetype prompt but I figured just in case I would put it in. Thank you.

Code:
#! /bin/bash
LIMIT=`zenity --entry --text="" --title="How Many Files?"`
a=0
while [ $a -lt "$LIMIT" ]
do
a=$(($a+1))
FILE=`zenity --file-selection --title="Select File Number "$a""`
echo "$FILE" >> /home/anthony/Desktop/testing
done
output_type=`zenity --title="What File Type?"  --list --separator=" " --column="Output to..." "avi" "mpeg"`
szSavePath=`zenity --file-selection --title="Save As" --save --confirm-overwrite`
mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy $(cat /home/anthony/Desktop/testing) -of $output_type -o "$szSavePath" | (zenity --progress --pulsate --text="Joining" --auto-close )
zenity --info --title="" --text="Finished

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:12 am   
Site Admin

Code:
#! /bin/bash
LIMIT=`zenity --entry --text="" --title="How Many Files?"`
a=0
while [ $a -lt "$LIMIT" ]
do
a=$(($a+1))
FILE=`zenity --file-selection --title="Select File Number "$a""`
echo "$FILE" >> /home/anthony/Desktop/testing
done
output_type=`zenity --title="What File Type?"  --list --separator=" " --column="Output to..." "avi" "mpeg"`
szSavePath=`zenity --file-selection --title="Save As" --save --confirm-overwrite`
mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy ${(cat /home/anthony/Desktop/testing)} -of ${output_type} -o ${szSavePath} | (zenity --progress --pulsate --text="Joining" --auto-close )
zenity --info --title="" --text="Finished

I think ${(cat /home/anthony/Desktop/testing)} - I haven't tried it though. Otherwise, you could do another loop through the items when processing.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:53 am   

When I tried that I get this response:

./test.sh: line 13: ${(cat /home/anthony/Desktop/testing)}: bad substitution

I was actually thinking about trying some kind of loop instead of using a temp file and cat but haven't gotten around to figuring out how I would do it yet. Would I still need to make a temp file to do the loop or would I be able to save the selections as individual variables or something? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.