It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Recovering quarantined files from a ClamAV false positive

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:11 am   

Hi Guys

Last Friday ClamAV decided to tag a shed load of files as infected with
Code:
Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND

and promptly moved the tagged files to quarantine. Now this would have been fine if it was a real virus, but some googleing came up with a dodgy ClamAV update.

So I've now got some 1000+files moved from their homes in a vast multi share super deep folder structure sitting in quarantine and they are perfectly fine.

I need to write a script to take in the log file and return the moved files to their rightful location.

Here is a snippet of the log

Code:
Scan started: Sat Jan  9 00:50:02 2010
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/Uniform Sizes.xlsx: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/Uniform Sizes.xlsx: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Uniform Sizes.xlsx'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/Mobile Phone No..xlsx: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/Mobile Phone No..xlsx: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Mobile Phone No..xlsx'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Redundancy Information/Grading -MASTER June 2009 - 1.xlsx: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Redundancy Information/Grading -MASTER June 2009 - 1.xlsx: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Grading -MASTER June 2009 - 1.xlsx'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Redundancy Information/Grading -MASTER June 2009.xlsx: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Redundancy Information/Grading -MASTER June 2009.xlsx: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Grading -MASTER June 2009.xlsx'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Current Employees/Andrew Lia/FW Student behaviour JTL1C.htm: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Current Employees/Andrew Lia/FW Student behaviour JTL1C.htm: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//FW Student behaviour JTL1C.htm'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Sub-contractors/SubContractors.xlsx: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Sub-contractors/SubContractors.xlsx: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//SubContractors.xlsx'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Leavers/Craig Rudge 07.08.09/Grading.xlsx: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Leavers/Craig Rudge 07.08.09/Grading.xlsx: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Grading.xlsx'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Leavers/Craig Rudge 07.08.09/Hours Overbooked.xlsx: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Leavers/Craig Rudge 07.08.09/Hours Overbooked.xlsx: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Hours Overbooked.xlsx'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Annual Bonus Figures/Staff List.xlsx: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/Annual Bonus Figures/Staff List.xlsx: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Staff List.xlsx'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/ [SPAM_]_  electrician mate.eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/ [SPAM_]_  electrician mate.eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine// [SPAM_]_  electrician mate.eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Vacancy query (1).eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Vacancy query (1).eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Vacancy query (1).eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/RE_ CAT5_Telecoms.eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/RE_ CAT5_Telecoms.eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//RE_ CAT5_Telecoms.eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Application form.eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Application form.eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Application form.eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Electricians mate vacancy.eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Electricians mate vacancy.eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Electricians mate vacancy.eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/FW_ .eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/FW_ .eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//FW_ .eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/For attention of Susanne Morris; Electrician CFB_101379 .eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/For attention of Susanne Morris; Electrician CFB_101379 .eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//For attention of Susanne Morris; Electrician CFB_101379 .eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Hi, I'm Looking for work..eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Hi, I'm Looking for work..eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Hi, I'm Looking for work..eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/ [SPAM_]_  apprentiships.eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/ [SPAM_]_  apprentiships.eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine// [SPAM_]_  apprentiships.eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Stuart Harris cv.eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/Stuart Harris cv.eml: moved to '/var/spool/clamav/quarantine//Stuart Harris cv.eml'
/home/e-smith/files/ibays/executive/files/STAFF FILE/CV's and Applications/cv.eml: Exploit.PDF-9669 FOUND

I've managed to grep the logfile for the lines I want, which I have saved into a mylog.txt file. So I just need a script to run through this and sort out the cp commands?

I hope someone can help me out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:53 am   

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

open (FILE, './mylog1.log');

while (<FILE>)
{
   if (/(.*)(: moved to )(.*)/)
    {
      my $t3 = $3;
      my $t1 = $1;
      $t3 =~ s/^'//;
      $t3 =~ s/'$//;
      my $stringa = $t3."\t".$t1;
      $stringa =~ s/ /\\ /g;
      $stringa =~ s/'/\\'/g;
      $stringa =~ s/\(/\\\(/g;
      $stringa =~ s/\)/\\\)/g;
      print 'cp -p '.$stringa."\n";
      #system($stringa);
        system 'cp -p  '.$stringa."\n";
}
}
close (FILE);

Just in case people were interested it was soleved with a perl script. First of all the logs were grepped for ': moved to' and that text file loded by the script

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:40 pm   
Site Admin

Thanks for posting your fix (even if it was perl ;) ) ...this could have been done just as easily in bash, sorry I didn't see the post earlier.

Profile WWW