Register
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 pm

exclude hacker's code from all files

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:20 pm   

Hello,

I need your help urgently as the server has been hacked and I do not have any time to learn of how to remove the hacker's code from all files.
I have attached the code which was added to all files. There are many special characters in this code and it's quite large. It was added in the files sometimes twice.

I do not know sed well to solve this issue with it. How to exclude this piece of code from all files? Using sed, diff/patch or other techniques?

I will appreciate any help. Thanks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:31 pm   

Step 1: Do not say: 'THE server has been hacked'. it was your server, not the bashscripts.org one that we are all reading now.
Step 2: Find out how it was hacked. Just removing any unwanted code is nice, but if you don't plug the hole, the hacker can just redo whatever he did again, and again, and again.....
Step 3: The code you've attached is javascript. This is a bash scripting site. The two are completely different.
Step 4: As far as I understand the javascript, it looks to do nothing more than randomly change the colors of things. Annoying, but hardly a great hack.
Step 5: All you need to do to stop the blinky colors is remove one line that starts the mess, near the bottom: try_pick_colors(); You could do that with a simple: sed -i "/^ *try_pick_colors();$/d" *.html or something similar.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:44 pm   

Patsie,

Thank you for your advice. My English is not very good and I honestly did not want to misuse 'the server' word. I should have explained myself better. I was trying to use sed to replace all unwanted javascript code. You do not need to know this language, it's just a bunch of characters for sed to parse.
I have used
Code:
sed -i '/<?php global $ob_starting;/,/@ob_start("ob_start_flush");/d' cleanme.php
to fix the issue. Thank you for your great advice again.